Schecter C-1 EX Apocalypse – an apocalyptic baritone guitar
The Schecter C-1 EX Apocalypse RG is a rugged looking baritone guitar, and it really does look like the wood has rusted. Even the fingerboard markings are limited to a couple of warning triangles at the 12th and 24th frets. It is a quality instrument whose Ultra Access design guarantees smooth access to the upper frets and the multi-layered maple-padauk neck with an ebony fingerboard ensures that every note is heard and there is plenty of sustain. The curved body of the guitar is swamp ash with a dark black edging. The ebony of the fingerboard is extremely hard and gives the sound more snappiness.
Schecter's USA Apocalypse VI microphones, which feature Alnico-V magnets, are carefully thought out. The pickups offer an explosive mid-range while still keeping the package tight. The guitar spectacularly combines a 27″ scale long-scale baritone guitar, a modern low-string tool and an apocalyptic beautiful aesthetic that looks like it was saved from the end of the world.
Schecter C-1 EX Apocalypse RG features:
- 6-string baritone electric guitar, glue neck
- Color: Rusty Gray RG
- 27″ scale
- Microphones: Schecter USA Apocalypse VI
- Electronics: Volume/volume/tone (push-pull)/3-way switch
- Frame wood: Suosaarnea, arch top shaped cover
- Neck: Maple padauk multi-layer construction, carbon fiber reinforcements
- Neck profile: Thin C
- Fingerboard: Ebony, radius 12″-16″, fretboard markers 12 and 24 frets
- Bands: 24 X-jumbo bands made of stainless steel
- Saddle: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Tuners: Locking Schecter machines
- Bridge: Hipshot Hardtail (.125) w/ String Thru Body
- Strings: Ernie Ball Baritone Not Even Slinky #2626 (.012-.056)
- Bag: SGR-1C available separately
- You can find more information about the guitar here.