Nick Johnston signature guitar with pedal humbucker
Canadian prog guitarist Nick Johnston's title model is both traditional and deceptively pared down. Externally, it resembles the familiar 1954 guitar classic at its most pared-down, on the electronic side, one volume and one tone are, however, accompanied by a 5-position megaswitch, with which you can get very usable combinations of the guitar's Schecter Diamond '78 humbucker and two Schecter Diamond Nick Johnston Single Coil microphones.
The neck is roasted maple and the fingerboard is ebony, the neck profile is a very fast thin C, and there are 22 X-jumbo size frets. Locking tuning machines and a Diamod Vintage Tremolo bridge, which is anchored at two points in the style of a W bridge, keep the tune excellent when properly adjusted.
The Nick Johnston Traditional is at the same time traditional , but very versatile and fast-playing precision tool for everything you can do with the guitar.
- 6-string electric guitar with bolt-on neck
- Color: Atomic Frost (AFST)
- 25.5″ scale
- Microphones: Schecter Diamond Nick Johnston Single Coil
- Electronics: passive electronics, volume/tone/5-position Mega Switch
- Trunk: rest
- Neck: maple, fingerboard rosewood
- Neck profile: thin C
- Tapes: 22 X-jumbo tapes
- Saddle: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Bridge: Diamond Vintage Tremolo
- Tuners: locking Schecter machines
- Strings: Ernie Ball Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)
- Country of manufacture: Indonesia
- Case: SGR-UNIVERSAL guitar case available separately