The Schecter Reaper-6 with its ultra-thin C-profile necks was created for fast soloing, and its Floyd Rose 1500-series floating pedal and the included locking saddle enable even the most aggressive cranking without affecting the tone. The swamp ash body offers a combination of soft botne, a snappy treble and a distinctive middle area and a burl top, i.e. an exciting patterned veneer cut from a specially grown tree makes the aesthetics even more special, which is further emphasized by the sky blue burst and the swamp ash left natural on the sides. The reverse paddle also improves the sound of the lower E string.
The guitar is stylish and fits rock, metal, progressive music as well as various fusion styles in terms of its choices and aesthetics. The Schecter Diamond Decimator microphones are surprisingly unconventional, sounding more like the PT model's modern Superrock II microphones than a basic humbucker. The multi-part maple-walnut neck is supported with carbon fiber reinforcements and the fingerboard is ebony.
- 6-string electric guitar with a Floyd Rose bridge
- Color: Satin sky burst, black and chrome metal parts (SSKYB)
- 25.5″ scale
- Microphones: Schecter Diamond Decimator
- Electronics: passive electronics, volume / tone (push-pull)/3-way switch
- Frame wood: bog ash, burl top
- Neck: maple and walnut, ebony fingerboard, carbon fiber reinforcements
- Neck profile: ultra thin C
- Tapes: 24 X-jumbo tapes
- Tuners: Schecter
- Saddle: Floyd Rose 1500
- Bridge: floating Floyd Rose 1500
- Strings: Ernie Ball Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)
- Bag: SGR-1C available separately